Time to start planning for those high school graduation parties!
Getting the prep work out of the way early on is how I like to roll. (Though I’m not always so awesome at this)
Sometimes, buying a gift is the difficult part. Even worse, you might not have a great gift idea until the last minute.
Lucky for me, and anyone else that might need some gift-spiration, I created this short list of gift ideas for grads.
1. Amazon Gift Card – these are always a great gift, for any occasion. I love Amazon too, for the Prime Membership perks.(read about them in this post)
2. Contour cooling gel pillow – Dorm life is pretty busy, or so I hear. Get your grad a new contour pillow to help them get the best rest possible.
3. Roll of quarters – College students are often found hanging out in laundromats, trying to get the smell of study sweat out of their college hoodies. Gift them $30 in quarters (or however much) to help them out!
4. Miracle-Gro Aerogarden – Ever hear of the Freshman 15? Help them avoid those extra pounds by giving them an indoor pod planter to grow some fresh herbs to garnish their extra-huge cheese pizzas with fresh basil.
5. Traveling tumbler – Did you know that if you’re feeling tired or dragging, you should drink a glass of water instead of grabbing a coffee or energy drink? Your body lags when it’s dehydrated. A traveling tumbler is perfect as a reminder to stay hydrated.
6. Laundry basket – Paired with the $30 in quarters, a new grad heading off to college may think “What in the world…” at the sight of this boring gift. They’ll soon understand and be grateful when they get settled into dorm life.
7. Stationary – Snail mail is not dead! Keeping in touch is important, especially if their school is miles from home. Gift them a personalized set or add some stationary embellishments like seals and a book of stamps.
8. Cuisinart Portable Blending/Chopping System – Smoothies while they walk to their first class of the day? I say yes! And with this blending system, they will certainly appreciate the minimal effort and extra nourishment during that AM class.
9. Keurig – Need I say more? Pair it with a box of K-cups!
10. French Press – This gift is for the coffee connoisseur. And believe me, there is a difference between coffee in a Keurig vs. a French press.
I have a high school graduation to attend this year, which is what inspired me to make this list. These ideas work well for the college-bound, though I’m sure a nice Keurig or an Amazon Gift Card would be equally awesome for a college grad.
The best part about this list? Everything was found on Amazon for under $60.
I’m totally tooting the horn on Amazon. If you have a Prime Membership, you can have most of these items delivered in 1-3 days. Boom! Gifting made easy.